Well, the trip to Rwanda was a fruitful one.Â We found an orphanage willing to work with any size family, and even with single mothers.Â We made contacts with other orphanages for humanitarian work.Â We have a list of huge things that are needed and are now left with a lot of fundraising to do.Â And we turned in our dossiers to the Ministry of Family and Gender Promotion.Â It was a very helpful trip and we are so happy these things happened for us.
There are a few frustrations though, that when I discussed them with my husband he started wondering if we should go through with the adoption.
#1.Â Getting visas in Nairobi, Kenya is looking like it could take weeks to months.Â That is after we have spent two weeks doing humanitarian aid and hopefully completing the adoption process for our children.Â So there is a good possibility I will have be gone from my kids for a very long time.Â My husband is starting to wonder if we shouldn’t just wait and go on the second trip when we will have more of an idea what will happen.Â I don’t want to do this.Â I can’t wait that long and my daughter will be four months older.Â I can’t stand to watch her grow up without us like our Rani did.Â I want to get her home or at least with me, as soon as possible.
Another option is to do it in two trips.Â I don’t like this idea either.Â Legally the children will already be ours.Â Will the orphanage still let them stay?Â And can I leave them there when they are mine?Â I can’t imagine being able to do that.Â I’d rather stay in a hotel in Nairobi and be their mama while we wait.Â My husband is not fond of that…but I really can’t see any other option.
#2.Â Frustration #2 is the amount of very young babies placed at the orphanage.Â There are very few children under 2 yrs old.Â About 50, which sounds like a lot, but when we have a crew of seven families hoping to adopt 20 children under 4, it could become an issue.Â One couple is going two weeks early, and I think it would be beneficial for them to take pictures and send pictures/names/ages of the babies and toddlers home to us before we even step on the plane so that it isn’t an issue in country.Â I want a very young infant girl.Â But so do five other families…it may become an issue.Â And because my husband isn’t 100% sure about adopting two, I feel that I should defer to the other families first.Â I’m so sad about that though.Â
What comes down to is faith.Â We have to trust that the Lord knows how many babies are wanted and will help them to get there.Â We know He can move mountains, and therefore we must have faith that he will move them in Nairobi.Â It is my prayer that we can just trust Him and turn to Him and let Him guide us through the unknown.Â We know it is His wish for us to go, so we will walk forward knowing that He can see the path and will show us the way.